Video: Iowa's Fran McCaffery gets ejected at Wisconsin

Iowa basketball coach Fran McCaffery was not happy with the officials Sunday night, and he let the crew knew about it during a timeout in the second half of Sunday’s loss at Wisconsin. It appeared that McCaffery was upset about a foul being called on the previous play when Iowa forward Gabe Olaseni was whistled for a hand check foul on Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes.

McCaffery was hit with a technical foul for arguing, and then he was called for another one and ejected after he made contact with an official. McCaffery got his money’s worth, though, and had to be restrained by his assistants before finally exiting the court at the Kohl Center.

McCaffery addressed the media following the game and was asked about his ejection.

Sunday night wasn’t the first time we’ve seen McCaffery get very passionate about a call.

Originally from Farmington Hills, MI, I have worked at the Big Ten Network since 2012 and took over my role as web editor and blogger in August, 2013. Follow me on twitter for constant Big Ten updates @srmerriman. Thanks and enjoy!!

Find out more about: ,

TBIH on 1/5/2014 @ 10:02pm EST Said:

Finally someone has had enough of the joke home cookin refs that Wisky gets every single game.

tbih on 1/5/2014 @ 10:04pm EST Said:

Finally someone has had enough of the home cookin Wisky gets Every. Single. Game.

Brian P Williams on 1/5/2014 @ 10:07pm EST Said:

Iowa coach 100 percent correct. Officials throwing the game to Wisconsin……and I am an Indiana U fan !

Brian P Williams on 1/5/2014 @ 10:13pm EST Said:

Clearly the officials decided this game. When one plays 8 on 5, Iowa played well. Coaches in the Big 10 ought to follow Mc Caffrey’s lead.

Diane on 1/5/2014 @ 11:02pm EST Said:

Never seen officials make or break a game. Big guy inside hooking no call except fouls on IA guy. Very understandable how IA coach goes nuts when they are up 11 the officials take over for the home team. Big ten needs to look into these HORRIBLE officicating.

\

Ducks on 1/16/2014 @ 11:58am EST Said:

Always the easy way out is to blame the Officials, Ref’s, Umpires for the Coaches and Players shortcomings. COACH better PLAY better RESULTS may be better.

Mike Bowers on 1/5/2014 @ 11:13pm EST Said:

Fran does not make contact if the official does not put out his arm.

Jay Shippy on 1/5/2014 @ 11:18pm EST Said:

Sore loser comments. The first half was the worst Wisconsin played this year including 5-6 missed layups. Still Iowa could not hold onto an 11 point halftime lead. There were several poor calls against Wisconsin, but their coach did not become deranged.

Andy on 1/5/2014 @ 11:23pm EST Said:

Pretty weak bump – if that’s what they’re calling it. He actually walked into the official’s outstretched arm. After watching the whole video clip, I get why he was mad. It seems like haves in this league seem to always get the calls against the have-nots. Frustrating to say the least.

Bill on 1/5/2014 @ 11:26pm EST Said:

Big michicagn state fan – watched the IaA- WI game in WI .What a horribly officiated game. If they are going to call fouls or not – call them the same for both teams. What a lop sided officiated game this was. WI had way more many flagrant calls that were not called and IA was called for touch fouls are cruical times of games. No one can tell me that officiating can not make or break a game. Hope those officials are never in MI or MI state.BIg ten needs to looks into this game and never let them do another big 10 game. Way to much at stake when top 25 teams are playing…….

Bruce Nelson on 1/5/2014 @ 11:28pm EST Said:

I was at the game and full disclosure – I am a Badger fan. But, the officiating was terrible all the way around. McCaffery had every right to dispute the call but when you show up an official, you will get t’d up and when you bump one you will be ejected. The Wisconsin fans, players, and coaches were not to pleased with the reffing any more than Iowa did. I felt badly for the Iowa kids. Their coach lost the game for them. Iowa was ahead until the Coach had his blowup. Iowa was outplaying Wisconsin and Wisconsin was ice cold in their shooting.

Brad Covington on 1/5/2014 @ 11:47pm EST Said:

It was maybe bad form. But, he was right.

bo ryan on 1/5/2014 @ 11:48pm EST Said:

This is why wisky is always at the top in the big 10 and an early out in march madness.

Chuck Brammer on 1/5/2014 @ 11:48pm EST Said:

I would call it one incident. The referes were walking near or in the Hawkeyes space;.One of officials charged Fran with shoving, Is there a call of inticement by an official. Too bad we didn”t have a lip reader near the end of the game, when an official was holding the ball and giving a Wisconsin player some advice, before giving him the ball.
The new rule just cut the inconsistent refs even more slack.

Sugar Ray on 1/5/2014 @ 11:55pm EST Said:

What a bunch of whiners here! On Wisconsin!

n on 1/6/2014 @ 12:00am EST Said:

Fran got what he deserved. BIG office will act in the coming days. Being upset and getting a T is part of the game but Fran went too far really quickly with physically going after official. Make no doubt, Fran intended to physically contact the game official. This went beyond being upset. Fran is a top notch BB coach with anger problem that AD Barta has to confront with compassion and firmness.

Benny on 1/6/2014 @ 12:04am EST Said:

lot of bad calls both ways in this game, only one coach lost control of himself though. Way to set a great example for your team and help the other get 4 free points.

Christianna H on 1/6/2014 @ 12:30am EST Said:

I have noticed the officials have not been very consistent lately. One team will make the same foul and get the call, the other team does the same and no call. I really think they need to take a look at these officials and reevaluate who they use. I do understand they can’t see everything. But with three officials, they all should be calling the same offenses on each side of the court. Not sure if they are made to review the games they officiate, but I sure seems like a good idea.

bigredone on 1/6/2014 @ 1:03am EST Said:

Husker fan here, no dog in this fight. I did watch he game and what I seen was Iowa was called for a foul for touching while Wisky had to make the tackle before being called for a foul.

Carter on 1/6/2014 @ 1:20am EST Said:

Absolutely terrible officiating crew, these new rules take away everything these poor kids work for, iowa was standing there with their hands up and they blew the whistle every time, and I mean come on if you are going to call that way then you have to be consistent, there were so many and ones that were obviously not called, and with the new rules, to avoid the shooter from getting an and one is basically impossible, it makes more sense to just get your full money’s worth and just smack it right out of his hands, I watched this game and Iowa got robbed totally, it should of been a 10 point win for the hawks, but that just shows you what officiating can do, especially these new rules

Carter on 1/6/2014 @ 1:29am EST Said:

I am a full blown hawk fan, and MAN did I HATE the officiating tonight. Honestly I am done watching college basketball if this is how it’s going to be. And if Wisconsin needs refs to win AT HOME, then they will get SMACKED AROUND in the big ten. I think that Wisconsin will NOT win a game on the road without their officials handing them the game. I feel sorry for the players and what they work SO hard for, just to be taken away by the refs. I also feel sorry for the embarrassment by the Badgers. In my opinion, that disgraces the big ten one hundred percent. And finally I feel sorry for all the teams that could be moved up one rank, Wisconsin should NOT be #4 in the country, not one bit. Completely unfair game.

Tom Clark on 1/6/2014 @ 1:29am EST Said:

Gained respect for Fran McCaffery tonight.

muscleman on 1/6/2014 @ 1:42am EST Said:

Carter, you have no idea what you are talking about. Take a look at the number of fouls called. Wisconsin is an ELITE program. Get used to it. Bo Ryan is an outstanding coach.
Most of the above comments are nothing but sour grapes. As usual, empty barrels make the loudest noise. People who have commented negatively towards Wisconsin’s outstanding basketball program can only be pitied because the ignorant comments indicate how little to nothing some people know about basketball.

David on 1/6/2014 @ 2:33am EST Said:

Dumb coach. Cost his team the game with those 4 points. And over a who-gives-a-crap-foul call? Neither coach was happy, but you can’t give away the lead like that. You have to be smarter than that.

If the ref was so one-sided, why were they calling more fouls on Wisconsin?

Did you even notice that UW had to pull in their 9th guy off the bench in the first half, and they never play more than 8? That was purely due to foul trouble.

When Fran went off, his opponents has three players with 3 fouls. I don’t think anyone on Iowa had 3. Understand your situation, buddy. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Good to see the other fans still can’t understand how UW doesn’t get foul calls, when Bo has said for years that he teaches a defense that doesn’t get as many foul calls as others.

Don’t want your team to get so many foul calls? TEACH THE SAME SYSTEM. Done.

I’ll give you tip #1: DON’T REACH IN. That is half your teams fouls right there, I guarantee you.

Brady Ehnerd on 1/6/2014 @ 6:56am EST Said:

If you watch all the Big Ten games, the home team gets the favorable calls almost every game. It doesn’t matter who it is and it doesn’t matter who they are playing. OSU, IOWA, MSU, MIN, PSU, UW. The same thing happens in the Pack 12 and Big 12. Home cooking is just a way of life in college basketball. The only time you see a fairly officiated game is in the tournament, because those crews have no affiliation with either team playing.

Rob on 1/6/2014 @ 7:27am EST Said:

Totally uncalled for. He did cost his team the game. He switched the whole momentum. What an idiot.

Ron on 1/6/2014 @ 7:32am EST Said:

I watched the game tonight and thought the officiating was terrible….look at the number of fouls called on both teams….there were 23 fouls called on Iowa and 22 on Wisconsin. Lot’s of ticky tacky touchy fouls….on both teams. Very inconsistent foul calling.

marcia on 1/6/2014 @ 8:04am EST Said:

Thanks for the heads up coach; Buckeyes will be on the look out. Knew you are Sienna; great work.

iahawk73 on 1/6/2014 @ 8:14am EST Said:

I have been frustrated with the officials all year long. I think it is unethical that the officials are not held accountable for their actions when coaches and players are. I do not have a problem with coaches first T, he deserved that one, but to T him for touching the official was a real error. Look closely at the tape of that and you will see the ref extending his forearm into coach. He initiated the contact, not coach. Maybe he reacted to what he thought coach was going to do, but you can not make assumptions in these situations. He should be held accountable and there is no way coach should be suspended. I think everyone knows how this is going to turn out.

Craig Phillips on 1/6/2014 @ 8:30am EST Said:

PPO: piss, poor officiating. Too many officials don’t call what they see, anticipate and call something that doesn’t happen or call a ticky tack to make up. Officiating is getting worse, not better.

Ronald Casper on 1/6/2014 @ 8:46am EST Said:

It is hard for me to watch any basketball game at Wisconsin. I don’t blame Fran McCaffery, and feel sorry for any team playing there. Big Ten needs to cleanup Wisconsin pit.

Roger gentry on 1/6/2014 @ 8:53am EST Said:

This new push to help the offensive side of the ball has done very little in that direction average scoring is up by 2points. What it has done is to allow bad officials to continue to work. Now there is no need for the official to be in the right place to make a correct call. Now pushing the touch foul you can call it from anywhere doesn’t matter if your right or not or if your calling it the same way you did last week. Lousy game to watch no flow someone ought to wake up no fans soon no tv is needed no big money. At least we would not have to put up with lousy officials.

Dan on 1/6/2014 @ 9:13am EST Said:

Not sure what game you were watching, but I was there and Iowa got more favorable “foul” calls the whole game, like Josh Gasser getting fouled over the back on a rebound, and yet HE was called for the foul. I agree that the officials were terrible, and made a slew of terrible calls on both sides of the floor. But Iowa was the primary recipient of most of them. Don’t know why you’d gain respect for a 54-year old who acts like a 3rd grader. If you can’t act like a highly-paid professional coach when not every call goes the way you think it should, you need to get out of the profession, as there are many more deserving coaches out there that would treat the job with the dignity it deserves.

Nice n eazy28 on 1/6/2014 @ 9:20am EST Said:

I don’t think one of you guys have ever played D1 ball. I have, not in basketball but football. You ppl have no idea what it is like to be out there playing in thousands of ppl and refs calling it one way not getting the right calls. Been there and it is not fair but that is sometimes the way the world works. The fail marry, pats getting best by saints clearly PI. Yelling shouting isn’t going to do anything, it shows lack of bad form and shows true character of someone who puts their emotions before the team. Iowa will never be a powerhouse and never will be. Mich st much Wisconsin and osu will always dominate big ten and Iowa will remain on the bottom with the average teams. Iowa had chances this year to make upsets and couldn’t come through. Their RPI is garbage….the teams they’ve played are garbage.

jimmymack98 on 1/6/2014 @ 9:24am EST Said:

College basketball is by far the worst officiated sport. This is just one example of that.

Bimmer Hermans on 1/6/2014 @ 9:29am EST Said:

Ben Brust’s post game interview should have included a statement on how the refs gave the game away. Aren’t you all just so tired of hearing a player say they played HARD in a comeback when the WORLD clearly sees a game gifted to the home team?

Nicole Brewer on 1/6/2014 @ 9:59am EST Said:

The think that sucks is nothing will happen to the officials. I watched our Iowa boys get hacked 4 times before they call anything. I think rules need to be set for officials also. Granite we didn’t play better second half. We lost momentum and part due to calls. I think everyone should contact NCAA officiating league and petition this fair game calling.

LJ Bradley on 1/6/2014 @ 10:22am EST Said:

We felt like Fran might as well let them know how he felt since the refs were clearly going to decide the game. Very sad commentary on sports today, wish I had an answer for it.

Bill on 1/6/2014 @ 10:42am EST Said:

Was not at the game, only watched highlights, but from what I saw those officials should be ASHAMED of themselves and the disservice they performed to the Iowa players and coaches in this game. They were very inconsistent, the limited calls against Iowa I saw I would not call in a girl’s game, and this crew should be reviewed IMMEDIATELY.

Dan G. on 1/6/2014 @ 11:23am EST Said:

Not including the 2 technical fouls on McCaffery and the 3 intentional fouls in the final 30 seconds of the game, Iowa was whistled for 20 fouls while Wisconsin was whistled for 22.

Go Bucky on 1/6/2014 @ 11:45am EST Said:

Was at the game. Hawk fans need to grow up as much as their coach does. These are not WI officials and the majority of the calls went the Iowa way. The foul count didnt even out until the end when Hawks were just fouling to extend the game. You lost again think you would be use to it by now

Roger gentry on 1/6/2014 @ 12:15pm EST Said:

Sounds just like a Wisconsin fan. However your barking up the wrong tree. I watched it on tv and I am an Illini fan. If you can’t see poor officiating you are a blind Wisconsin fan. The change in how the game is called makes a poor official even worse. It doesn’t matter who plays no one wants to watch a stream to the free throw line.

Bruce Bloedorn on 1/6/2014 @ 12:18pm EST Said:

Wisconsin will remain a top 10 Ranked Team and Iowa will drop out of the rankings completely this week, Fran acted like an idiot not only losing a basketball game, but his major infraction will be the tarnished image of his program, his players, and the University of Iowa. No doubt the Big Ten will be taking Fran to the woodshed today.

Dan on 1/6/2014 @ 12:28pm EST Said:

See you in Iowa City, L(B)ucky!

Brian Schwartz (@bwschwa) on 1/6/2014 @ 12:34pm EST Said:

love it Fran … thanks for not being milquetoast and standing up for your player, who was getting jobbed by the Ref

Ben on 1/6/2014 @ 12:35pm EST Said:

Watch the game in totality — there may be some bad calls both ways but some of these were AWFUL against Iowa. The charge against Marble was classic Wisconsin flopping that the new rules were supposed to clean up. Nope! I don’t understand how the B10 refs can call the game so much differently than the rest of the country, not to mention in such huge favor of a home team.

Refs need to stop officiating by reputation (WI ‘defensive prowess’ — total sham). While Fran went over the top last night and I wish it didn’t happen, what’s he supposed to do, let the refs get away with this crap? The first half was a clinic before the refs drank the WI milk and completely changed the direction of the game. Momentum is EVERYTHING in college basketball.

Jim on 1/6/2014 @ 12:45pm EST Said:

I am a Badger fan who was at the game just a few rows behind McCaffery and the Hawkeyes. This was a very inconsistently officiated game on both ends of the court. It happens, deal with it in a professional manner. The outburst by McCaffery was way over the line and deserves a game suspension. He did regroup and his professionalism at his post game interview was to be admired. Do any of the other comment posters realize that the officiating crews are hired, assigned, and evaluated by the league not the home team.

Daniel Bredeweg (@Bredeweg44) on 1/6/2014 @ 1:26pm EST Said:

I think most fans are aware that this was not a anti-Wisconsin rant and that this is a league/NCAA issue. That being poor new rules that are being poorly implemented. The officiating in the NCAA has been horrid all season. I would typically agree that a more professional manner would be desired, but sometimes drastic measures are necessary. Fran spoke for tens of thousands of fed-up NCAA basketball fans last night in my opinion. This is garbage to the point that the greatest sport (Big Ten basketball regular season) is ruined.

fan10299 on 1/6/2014 @ 12:59pm EST Said:

Officiating went both ways. Iowa got away with over-the-backs and pushing under the basket. Plenty of no-calls to go around. McCaffrey picked the wrong time to call out the refs – lost the battle, then his team lost the war. Still like him as a coach though – his team plays the right way. Wisconsin has the respect of the refs because they’re fundamentally sound every year. Their #4 ranking is fair for now – road wins matter and they have plenty this year to silence the whiners. Who knows where they’ll end up, but for now 15-0 deserves the ranking.

rob on 1/6/2014 @ 1:17pm EST Said:

I watched the game. Being an Illini fan I wanted to see how the refs were calling the game on Wisc home court. Like I thought they got the calls in the 2nd half. I agree Fran would not have made contact if the ref doesn’t put his arm up. No reason for the ref to show his arm other than to get the coach to touch him. I know when the Illini come to Madison it will be some of the same. It won’t surprise me if Coach Groce gets tagged with a T or two. I always wonder why Wisc gets all the home cooking like Dook does when hey are at home?

brancol on 1/6/2014 @ 1:19pm EST Said:

Careful Wisconsin fans…you’ll get what you have coming to you when you leave “your house” (well, maybe you will, but who knows at this rate). Fran is passionate about basketball and his team. Good for him to call the refs out on their horrific officiating. Somebody has to! If he can’t be the advocate for his team, then who should be? The players can’t do it themselves, so what choice does he have? There shouldn’t be an official anywhere that decides a game. Let the players decide…these refs made it perfectly clear what they were doing. Shameful! In each and every game this year, no matter who plays, the refs shouldn’t be deciding the outcome. And, for those of you who think you know so much about coaching and “Fran cost them the game with his actions” comments? Apparently you’ve never played Division 1 or been a coach like I have…as a coach, you choose when it you feel it’s appropriate to get passionate during a game where you’re scratching and kicking to win and you take a chance. Hopefully it gives the officials a heads up that they are idiots and he’s making them aware of it, and hopefully it will get your team psyched back up and back on track. It’s a chance you take, and you don’t know if you’ll be successful unless you take the chance. As the player witnessing it? You get motivated by the passion. He didn’t cost them the game…the officials took care of that for him! Shame on them!!

doug on 1/6/2014 @ 1:30pm EST Said:

Sadly, the officiating in the Big 10 is embarassingly bad. Some of the best teams in the country play in this conference and the officials are atrocious. I watch a lot of basketball and the big 10 is by far the worst when it comes to officials. Don’t understand why.

BadgerBob on 1/6/2014 @ 1:52pm EST Said:

Iowa fans have always been crybabies…poor winners and worse losers. There were bad calls on both sides. Bo Ryan again shows why he is such a great coach. He’s getting his point across to the refs while McCaffery loses his cool. Outcoached by a better coach. Wisconsin took it to Iowa the second half and outplayed them. Badgers are 15-0 and deserve their ranking…probably move up to 3rd in the country. Bye bye baby hawkeyes. The Badgers will win in Iowa City also!

m gregor on 1/6/2014 @ 3:39pm EST Said:

Hawkeye fans disgusted with officiating? Most officials are working their 2nd careers and are being payed very well. Many work 4 sometimes 5 games per week and only need to please certain supervisors to get the big assignments. This travesty has been going on for years. Fact is, they don’t care. The only solution is regional officials with a more objective rating system. Weed out the underperforming officials and enact a mandatory retirement age.

raydr57 on 1/6/2014 @ 4:16pm EST Said:

I don’t think there is any harm in a coach showing passion for his players. If I were playing for a coach with passion for the game and it’s kids like that I’d be fueled and tooled up to perform and even more so in the next games. At least he didn’t take a chair or his wallet and throw them at fans during the game, (aka other coaches of the past whom will remain nameless here), remember those tirades? Their players picked up their play and won championships for their coaches, so don’t go bad mouthing a coach who’s going to bat for his players, they feel protected I’m sure. Just lousy calls on both sides of the ball and Wisconsin team doing good job of picking up their level of play in 2nd half is all.

raydr57 on 1/6/2014 @ 4:26pm EST Said:

Let’s look back at some very successful coaches in the Big 10 and some of the tirades they went on in the past. Didn’t their kids who played for them pick up their level of play and win championships with them. Chairs and wallets went flying into the stands if I recall. What Fran did was tame in that respect, sure he lost his cool, but if I was playing for a guy like Fran it would want me to up my game level for certain. Heartbreaking loss, yea, but kudos to the Badgers team for the win they took the 2nd half to us bad calls or not. Hawks will only get better for a passionate coach who goes to bat for them.

Big Ten Fan on 1/6/2014 @ 5:30pm EST Said:

If the B1G wants to get back to the Elite of the NCAA it has to start with the officiating, their terrible, showboating, inconsistent, anticipating , favoritism calls is why the B1G has trouble competing against other conferences with neutral officials

Chris on 1/6/2014 @ 7:43pm EST Said:

Bo Ryan has the best conference ROAD record of any Big Ten coach. So I suppose he gets home cooking on the road too, huh?

D Q on 1/6/2014 @ 7:56pm EST Said:

The first T may have been justified, depending on what waqs said. The second was pure chicken sh!t. Looked like showboating by the ref. Really looking forward to Wis coming to Iowa City.

MetaHawk on 1/6/2014 @ 8:08pm EST Said:

I worry about his self control when his patented fiery Fran face goes into turbo mode, but I agree that at times the B1G officials are not consistent when enforcing the new rules. I thought they are supposed to be held accountable this year if they don’t enforce the new rules as outlined. Perhaps a media organization needs to take a detailed look at this subject in B1G games, and find out if they are being actually held accountable.

Pat Ducklow on 1/6/2014 @ 10:22pm EST Said:

Calls were pretty even. All fans watch games with blinders on. They see what they want to see.

Biggest hawkeye fan ever on 1/7/2014 @ 12:43am EST Said:

The new rules are terrible but being the biggest hawkeye fan i have seen looking through the comments that all of the fans (except the Wisconsin ones) think that the officiating has been horrible. I’m done with college basketball if I want to see a team get babied I would watch the heat but I guess that’s why I’m a celtic fan

badger fan on 1/7/2014 @ 2:27am EST Said:

I’m a Wisconsin fan, and I’ll gladly admit officiating has been bad in every conference. Ticky-tack fouls are not what fans, players or coaches want. I commend all the players and coaches for putting up with it. Not a lot that can be done except play hard. Congrats to Wisconsin on putting together a terrific season so far. I love the big 10, and I hope we continue to field stellar basketball programs, even in spite of the rule changes which I think take away from big 10 style. I thought Fran’s reaction was out of line, and isn’t the best way to send a message to the ncaa. I think the ncaa will feel the backlash from fans, but changing things in the middle of the season is tough. we may just have to stick it out for a year.

Vincent J. Moccio Sr. on 1/7/2014 @ 4:25am EST Said:

you know, in the long run this crap isn’t helping Wis. They get coddled at home and then get there butts kicked in the NCAA when they don’t get the calls. Bo don’t know how to win the big one.

Jimmy on 1/7/2014 @ 1:28pm EST Said:

Never ceases to amaze me when to hot teams meet, that if it is a tight contest, that officiating gets the blame. Fran blew it and he knows it. He could have stated his claim from court side and remained cool enough to not get the T’s, (that actually cost his team the game) at the end. He will learn from it now that he gets to set out one..or if not….will need a dose of ‘anger management’ in order to keep his focus on getting his Hawk team into the Big Ten finals and post NCAA berth. Wisky’s Ryan went through this stage in his initial years and has matured enough to know it is much wiser to be on the bench with his team the f entire game than in the locker room wondering what a ‘stooge’ he made of himself.

Roger gentry on 1/7/2014 @ 2:24pm EST Said:

If doesn’t matter whether the game is close or if the two worst teams in the big ten are playing. I have watched big ten games for 30 years both in person and on tv. The officiating in the big ten is awful and continues to slide downward. Like it or not college basketball is big business . Officiating does matter and no fan anywhere wants to watch a parade to the free throw line.

Carter on 1/23/2014 @ 4:53pm EST Said:

What did i say
Muscleman, Wisconsin on a three game losing slide ( nice loss to minnesota) but u are 100% wrong wisconsin is NOT an elite team and coach granpa has no clue what he is doing