Who took home Big Ten hoops individual honors?
The Big Ten office released its latest weekly men’s basketball individual honors Monday morning. See who took home Player of the Week and Freshman of the Week in this post.
Player of the Week: LaQuinton Ross, Ohio State, F – Jr. – 6-8
- Averaged 21.5 points and 6.0 rebounds per game in the Buckeyes’ wins over Maryland and Central Connecticut State
- Shot 61.5 percent (16-of-26) from the field and 50.0 percent (4-of-8) from three-point range
- Scored 20 points, including four three-point field goals, and pulled down six rebounds against the Terrapins
- Poured in 23 points on nine field goals (9-of-13) and corralled six rebounds versus Central Connecticut State
- Earns his first career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Ohio State Player of the Week: Aaron Craft (March 11, 2013)
Freshman of the Week: Noah Vonleh, Indiana, F – 6-10
- Averaged 15.0 points and 8.5 rebounds in Indiana’s split at #4/5 Syracuse and against North Florida
- Scored 17 points, including a 13-of-16 effort from the free throw line, and pulled down six rebounds against the Orange
- Posted his sixth double-double of the season with 13 points and 11 rebounds against North Florida
- Earns his third Freshman of the Week honor
- Last Indiana Freshman of the Week: Noah Vonleh (Nov. 18, 2013)