Seven Big Ten men’s hoops teams remain undefeated. Three are ranked in the top 10 of the latest AP Poll, headlined by No. 1 Michigan State. Yep, it’s going to be a fun year! Here’s my latest look at how the Big Ten teams stack up.
1. Michigan State (6-0). Beating Oklahoma to win Coaches v. Cancer classic and career highs from Keith Appling (27 points v. Oklahoma) and Adreian Payne (29 v. Virginia Tech) have them on top.
Last week: 1
|POWER RANKINGS PRESENTED BY|
3. Wisconsin (6-0). Frank Kaminsky continues to score – followed up his Wisconsin single-game record 43-point effort with nights of 14 and 21 – and Josh Gasser is starting to return to his versatile form.
Last week: 3
7. Minnesota (5-0). Light schedule thus far gets much tougher with Maui tournament up next followed by ACC/Big Ten Challenge foe Florida State at home.
Last week: 7
10. Penn State (4-1). Big week ahead with three games coming up, including St. John’s, one of Big East’s most talented squads.
Last week: 11
11. Nebraska (4-2). Finished on strong note (win over Georgia) in Charleston Classic. Experience should help young Huskers moving forward.
Last week: 10
12. Northwestern (3-2). Las Vegas Invitational will be tough test with Missouri and UCLA in the mix.
Last week: 12
– Team records are through November 24 action.
|About Stephen Bardo
||The BTN basketball analyst and former Flyin’ Illini star is a regular contributor to BTN.com. Follow Bardo on Twitter @stephenbardo, read his past posts right here, and use the form below to submit your questions to his Big Ten basketball mailbag.|