U.S. Marine Corps: BTN.com Leaders of Week 12
Every Saturday night during the Big Ten football season, BTN.com posts its “U.S. Marine Corps: Leaders of the Week.” The feature is designed to honor some of the top individual Big Ten performances. Check out our Week 12 stars and highlights in this post.
1. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State. Hyde was dominant in Ohio State’s 60-35 win over Illinois. The Buckeyes’ senior back rushed for a career-high 246 yards and four touchdowns, while also adding an 18-yard touchdown reception in the victory. Hyde has now rushed for 100-plus yards in five straight games, and has totaled an eye-popping 12 touchdowns during that span.
Watch all five of Hyde’s TDs:
2. James White, Melvin Gordon & Corey Clement, RBs, Wisconsin. The top running back trio in the nation was at it again on Saturday against visiting Indiana. White, Gordon and Clement combined to rush for 459 yards and four touchdowns in a 51-3 win over the Hoosiers. White led the way, rushing for a career-high 205 yards, which included a 93-yard TD scamper in the first quarter, the longest touchdown run in school history.
Watch White’s 93-yard TD run:
3. Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State. Is there a more underrated player throughout the Big Ten than Langford? The Spartans’ junior back rushed for a career-high 151 yards and three touchdowns in Michigan State’s impressive 41-28 road win over Nebraska. Langford has totaled 615 yards on the ground and 10 touchdowns over his past five games.
Watch Langford’s 37-yard TD run:
4. Zach Zwinak, RB, Penn State. Zwinak has had his struggles with fumbles as of late, but the Nittany Lions’ junior running back was outstanding in Penn State’s 45-21 victory over Purdue. Zwinak rushed for a game-high 149 yards and three touchdowns in the win, marking the second week in a row that he has rushed for 140-plus yards. This was the fourth multi-touchdown game for Zwinak this season.
Watch Zwinak’s 5-yard TD run:
5. Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State. Miller continues to impress every week. He was outstanding again today, passing for 150 yards and two touchdowns, while also adding a season-high 184 rushing yards and a score. This marked the second time this season that Miller has passed for 150-plus yards and rushed for 100-plus yards in the same game.
Watch Miller’s 70-yard TD run:
|About Sean Merriman||BTN.com web editor Sean Merriman covers football and men’s basketball and provides original content for BTN.com. You can follow him on Twitter @BTNSean.|