Video: NFL star Tom Brady talks to Wolverines

With the New England Patriots set to play an exhibition game Thursday night at Detroit, the League’s most famous Wolverine decided to pay the Michigan football team a visit. That’s right, former Michigan quarterback Tom Brady hung out with the Wolverines early Thursday, and he even tried on his old No. 10 jersey. Watch Brady address the team in this video.

[ CLOTHES CALL: Northwestern unveils new alternate helmet | So does Wisconsin ]

Anyone else pumped up? It’s no shock Brady is a polished public speaker, but this was pretty special. It was particularly interesting to hear Brady say this:

“You know what the greatest honor I’ve ever received as a player is? In my fourth year and fifth year, I was named team captain. That, to this day, is the single greatest achievement I’ve ever had as a football player.”

That’s a bit surprising, coming from a three-time Super Bowl champion and a two-time Super Bowl MVP.  Either way, Brady showed a whole lot of passion, to the point that he might have a coaching career after he decides to hang it up.

And check out this awesome photo:

Find out more about: ,

24 Post Your Comment
redman9143bill on 8/22/2013 @ 3:41pm EDT Said:

Looking at Brady you wouldn’t think he’s the greatest qb to ever play the game. It’s nice he came back, that’s got to be a great experience for the players.

dennis fox on 8/22/2013 @ 4:01pm EDT Said:

I think mr. tom brady is a good person, and here in the little town of heber springs ar. where I live you can ask what QB to the kids is the best and they say brady that mean a lot to me that mean that the kids look up to him and I think his record show that thinks

shookwriter27 on 8/22/2013 @ 4:25pm EDT Said:

It’s always fun when a great alum comes back to talk to talk to the team.

ChicagoBlu on 8/22/2013 @ 5:55pm EDT Said:

A great quarterback, an exemplary person, and an even better leader, Tom Brady is quite an accomplished football player. We are proud to not only call him a “Michigan Man,” but take pride in Tom reaching an elite level in his profession and becoming an inspiration to many young people.

GB on 8/22/2013 @ 6:02pm EDT Said:

Tom Brady says his greatest achievement has been to be captain of his team and to QB at Michigan! At Michigan, buck fans! Golly, that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! God Bless Tom Brady, you are and always will be the greatest Wolverine ever! Go Blue!

Tim burden on 8/22/2013 @ 9:21pm EDT Said:

I’m feeling sick!! Communism^^^

Tim burden on 8/22/2013 @ 9:24pm EDT Said:

Nobody knows what a Michigan man really is? Is it a buckeye reject or a PO recruit that didn’t receive a scholarship offer from Osu? That’s my guess

Aaron Roberts on 8/22/2013 @ 10:10pm EDT Said:

My goodness! If that doesn’t get you fired up as a Michigan fan I don’t know what will. Brady has always been one of my favorite players–college and pro. After watching him speak with this passion I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the coaching ranks someday…hopefully in maize and blue!

Michael Davis on 8/23/2013 @ 1:26am EDT Said:

Brady is an inspiration. His story will be told for years to come. There is one accomplishment that I believe Tom would like to achieve. After the NFL, after the HOF, after the bright lights….#12 will return to the Big House and assume his position back on the sidelines as the Head Coach. HAIL!!!

Max on 8/23/2013 @ 10:04pm EDT Said:

I love the expression on Gardner’s face, he looks so excited to be standing in the same room as Tom Brady. As a current Michigan student I was already excited for the 2013 season, but after hearing that speech I can barely sit still. So proud to be a Wolverine. HAIL!

redman9143 on 8/24/2013 @ 8:37am EDT Said:

I don’t Tim Burden, why don’t you ask Kyle Kalis.

Blue Wolf on 8/24/2013 @ 4:53pm EDT Said:

Tim Burden, I don’t want facts to get in the way of your intuitive genius, but here is an answer that might help you to grasp what a Michigan Man is:

Michigan: 903 games won, 315 games lost, 36 games tied

OSU: 805 games won, 293 games lost, 53 games tied

In case you haven’t taken that Remedial Math class: that’s 98 games more for the Wolverines than for the Buckeyes…

mel on 8/26/2013 @ 2:31pm EDT Said:

why do Michigan fans still need to live in the past….get in the here and now

Carl Simpson on 8/26/2013 @ 2:51pm EDT Said:

Osu has nothing on U of M… Funny how the only way they can attempt to build up, is knock the MightyBlue down. Brady has accomplished more than any osu turned pro… Tim Burden, change last name to Burton and animate. It’ll be the only way your buckshot triumph The Wolverines!!!!

BigC on 8/26/2013 @ 2:58pm EDT Said:

What the hell did you expect him to say???

Tim Franks on 8/26/2013 @ 3:36pm EDT Said:

All of your esteemed wins since 1968 are the result of hiring coaches from The Great State of Ohio and recruiting players from said state. Yep, the Michigan “Buckeyes” have done pretty darn well for themselves at that school up north. But nonetheless, Tom Brady is a class act.

Immortal on 8/26/2013 @ 3:51pm EDT Said:

It is interesting that no one seems to remember that as a wolverine Brady stunk it up.

Chip on 8/26/2013 @ 4:16pm EDT Said:

Little Timmy must have been an English major.

Maizenblu21 on 8/26/2013 @ 4:28pm EDT Said:

@mel why do Michigan despondents get on Michigan boards to give innane queries? Your argument is invalid, Troll.

Polecat on 8/27/2013 @ 8:10am EDT Said:

Why do Ahians have such loyalty to a state that has absolutely nothing in it to make people not born there want to visit? Michigan has beautiful lakes and the UP wilderness and Ahia has nothing.

WolverineFanInGA on 8/30/2013 @ 12:33pm EDT Said:

Leave it to Buckeye fans to come on here and show their lack of class by posting negative comments. Typical.

jeff coleman on 9/2/2013 @ 12:07am EDT Said:

What an inspirational speech! I love Brady, and I am glad he looks back so fondly on his time at Michigan. Honestly, he was not treated so well at a few points, re the Drew Henson situation. That he has forgiven and still embraces the Maize and Blue, well, what can you say. . .class act.

football quotes on 2/23/2014 @ 7:13am EDT Said:

I am sure this post has touched all the internet users,
its really really good piece of writing on building up new weblog.

Mellissa on 4/26/2014 @ 10:04am EDT Said:

Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this site, and your views are
fastidious designed for new viewers.