BTN.com just conducted a very brief 2013 Big Ten football mock draft. Tuesday, Athlon Sports released it top 300 college fantasy football players. As expected, there are plenty of Big Ten players listed, headlined by Ohio State QB Braxton Miller (No. 4). See the full Big Ten list in this post.
[ AthlonSports.com: College Fantasy Football: Top 300 for 2013 ]
4. Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State
17. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
26. Venric Mark, RB, Northwestern
45. Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska
46. Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
74. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
88. Donnell Kirkwood, RB, Minnesota
93. Jeremy Gallon, WR, Michigan
106. Devin Gardner, QB, Michigan
154. James White, RB, Wisconsin
156. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
193. Kevonte Martin-Manley, WR, Iowa
194. Michigan State D/ST
203. Mark Weisman, RB, Iowa
212. Kain Colter, QB, Northwestern
217. Ted Bolser, TE, Indiana
221. Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska
228. Dan Vitale, TE, Northwestern
230. Derrick Green, RB, Michigan
239. Zach Zwinak, RB, Penn State
246. Kyle Carter, TE, Penn State
249. Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan
252. Nick Hill, RB, Michigan State
257. Kofi Hughes, WR, Indiana
260. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
284. Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
285. Jacob Pedersen, TE, Wisconsin
Too high: Donnell Kirkwood (No. 88) – Kirkwood is a serviceable running back, but he isn’t the Big Ten’s fourth-best at the position, as he’s ranked in this feature.
Honorable mention: Kevonte Martin-Manley (193)
Too low: Kenny Bell (No. 221) – Bell very well could be the Big Ten’s premier pass-catcher, however he’s ranked extremely low here – not to mention behind a receiver like Iowa’s Kevonte Martin-Manley.
Honorable mention: Taylor Martinez (No. 45) & Jared Abbrederis (No. 284).