With the win, the Hoosiers earn the No. 1 seed in next weekend’s Big Ten tournament at Target Field, home of the MLB’s Minnesota Twins.
Seeing as how it’s been so long since Indiana won the Big Ten title by itself, here’s a look back at America in 1932:
Average wages per year: $ 1,650
Gallon of gas: 10 cents
Average cost of new house: $6,510
Loaf of bread: 7 cents
[ RELATED: View our 2013 Big Ten Baseball Tournament page ]
Other notable events:
- Babe Ruth called his shot in Game 3 the 1932 World Series.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt defeated Herbert Hoover in presidential election.
- The parking meter was invented.
- New York Radio City Music Hall opened.
- First purple heart was awarded.
- Johnny Cash was born.
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com web editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|