Catch up on all the action on our Big Ten scoreboard and get video, stats and recaps in this post.
FINAL: Ohio State held No. 22 Wisconsin to 18-of-47 shooting, as defense led the Buckeyes to a 50-43 victory on Sunday at United Center in Chicago in the Big Ten Tournament Championship.
Ohio State (26-7) held Wisconsin (23-11) to 38 percent shooting from the field and hauled in 27 defensive boards, while only allowing six offensive rebounds.
The Buckeyes went into the locker room with the momentum and came out of the second half flying as well. Ohio State trailed 24-15 with 3:01 left in the first half, but went on a 14-3 run over the next 7:03 to take a two-point lead.
The lead changed hands 10 times.
Aaron Craft picked up the offensive burden for the Buckeyes, finishing with nine points and six rebounds.
Sam Thompson was 4-of-6 from the floor and chipped in eight points for Ohio State. The Buckeyes shot just 38 percent from the field (20-of-52). Ohio State got double-figure scoring from Deshaun Thomas (17 points).
The Badgers got double-digit efforts from Traevon Jackson (10 points).
The Buckeyes won the rebounding battle en route to victory, pulling down 40 boards to 28 for Wisconsin. The Badgers trailed 13-6 with 11:57 to go in the first half, but an 18-2 run allowed them to take a nine-point lead late in the first. Ryan Evans finished the run off with a field goal, which helped Wisconsin lead 24-23 at halftime. The victory extends Ohio State’s winning streak to eight games.
HALFTIME: No. 10 Ohio State went on a 8-0 run to close the gap late in the first half and now trails No. 22 Wisconsin 24-23. Trailing 13-6, the Badgers used a 14-0 run to blow past the Buckeyes and take a seven-point lead.
Wisconsin made eight of 15 two-point shots in the first half, but shot 2-of-10 from beyond the arc. Seven Wisconsin players have scored. Ohio State’s Aaron Craft has four points and four rebounds. Frank Kaminsky helped the Badgers with five points
Sam Thompson dunks in the first half.
DeShaun Thomas makes the layup.
BTN.com offered something new for the 2013 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament – deeper live box scores provided by Stats LLC. See these box scores in action throughout the tournament for all games. The box scores include speed & distance, rebounding percentages, and secondary assists, among other new items. Use the links below to find the stats and the link to watch archived post-game press conference via the Big Ten Digital Network:
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Thursday, March 14
- Illinois 51, No. 9 Minnesota 49: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full stats
- Michigan 83, No. 12 Penn State 66: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full stats
- Nebraska 57, Purdue 55: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full stats
- Iowa 73, Northwestern 59: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full stats
Friday, March 15, 2013
- Indiana 80, Illinois 64: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full Stats
- Wisconsin 68, Michigan 59: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full Stats
- Ohio State 71, Nebraska 50: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full Stats
- Michigan State 59, Iowa 56: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full Stats
Saturday, March 16, 2013
- Wisconsin 68, Indiana 56: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full stats
- Ohio State 61, Michigan State 58: Post-Game Press Conferences | Full stats
|EDITOR’S NOTE||In partnership with Narrative Science, BTN.com posts fast recaps after every half of every Big Ten men’s basketball game. Use the links above for more info on this specific game.|