Nebraska rallies from 19 down to drop Iowa, 64-60

Dylan Talley‘s tie-breaking, shot clock-beating 3-pointer with 9.2 seconds left sent Nebraska to a 64-60 victory over Iowa Saturday and put a dent in the Hawkeyes’ NCAA tournament hopes. The Cornhuskers (13-14, 4-10 Big Ten) used a couple of big runs in the second half to come back from a 16-point halftime deficit and end the Hawkeyes’ three-game win streak.

Talley scored 18 points and Shavon Shields added 17 for Nebraska, which shot 62.5 percent the second half and outscored Iowa 19-7 over the last 9:42. Iowa shot 28 percent the last 20 minutes.

[ BOX | AP RECAP | SCORES | ALL PHOTOS | CONNECT | RAPID RECAPS | B1G DUNKS ]

Shavon Shields gets the reverse layup And-1:

Mike Gesell block leads to Eric May trey:

Eric May gets friendly bounce on 3-pointer:

Gabriel Olaseni rises for flush:

FINAL: Nebraska trailed by as many as 19 points Saturday, but it took the lead for good on a field goal with 10 seconds remaining by Dylan Talley and hung on for a 64-60 win over Iowa at Bob Devaney Sports Center in Lincoln. Talley poured in 18 points, while Shavon Shields chipped in with 17 points and eight rebounds and Brandon Ubel added 12 points and eight rebounds. Nebraska trailed 41-22 with 21 seconds left in the first half, and while a 15-4 run failed to give it the lead at the moment, it did narrow the deficit to 45-37. Aaron White had a good game for Iowa (17-10) in defeat with 15 points and 13 rebounds. The Cornhuskers also got double-digit contributions from Ray Gallegos (11 points).

HALFTIME: Aaron White scored 10 points for Iowa, and the Hawkeyes lead Nebraska 41-25 at the half. Iowa helped its cause in the first 20 minutes by hitting all nine of its free throws and limiting Nebraska to 34 percent from the field. Devyn Marble scored eight points for the Hawkeyes, who also received six points from Eric May on a pair of 3-pointers. Ray Gallegos leads the Huskers with 10 points, while freshman Shavon Shields added five points and a game-high seven rebounds. Dylan Talley, Nebraska’s leading scorer, has just two points in the first half.

EDITOR’S NOTE In partnership with Narrative Science, BTN.com posts fast recaps after every half of every Big Ten men’s basketball game. Use the links above for more info on this specific game.

greg on 2/23/2013 @ 11:08am EST Said:

How do I watch the game on my computer?

Brent Yarina, BTN.com on 2/23/2013 @ 12:04pm EST Said:

If your cable provider offers BTN2Go, all you have to do is go here http://www.btn2go.com/btn2go/.

Robyn Cyrier on 2/23/2013 @ 12:04pm EST Said:

Not on the network today? Is that due to the game being rescheduled? We are big Hawkeye fans here in Chicago. I assume there is no way to watch the game on television.

BTN Communications on 2/25/2013 @ 12:06pm EST Said:

Hi Robyn – Sorry for the delay! Since ESPN could no longer air the game once it was rescheduled, BTN made arrangements to stream the Iowa at Nebraska game on BTN2Go, the 24/7 mobile version of BTN. Since BTN had back to back women’s basketball games that both aired live on Saturday, we were unable to show the game live on television. Hope this helps!

Andy on 2/23/2013 @ 12:26pm EST Said:

And if your provider doesn’t offer BTN2Go?? Good lord Comcast, get with it….

rock on 2/23/2013 @ 12:29pm EST Said:

The Iowa vs. Nebraska game is the only game action today. Why is it not on tv?

ryno on 2/23/2013 @ 12:40pm EST Said:

i have dish, so will there be a link that pops up when the game starts?

Paul on 2/23/2013 @ 1:11pm EST Said:

so I have comcast so I am out of luck?
Do I need to head to a sports bar?

Doug on 2/23/2013 @ 1:17pm EST Said:

BTN is showing women’s college bball instead, really ? Espn would rather show 3 hours of NASCAR? ESPN 2 has OK State vs a horrible W. Virginia team? Geez this is terrible.

John on 2/23/2013 @ 1:19pm EST Said:

This game should be on TV. The BTN sucks.

Cam on 2/23/2013 @ 1:24pm EST Said:

So, if we have Comcast in Minneapolis, we are hosed?

Rick on 2/23/2013 @ 1:46pm EST Said:

I have direct tv and my tv guide shows that I have 2 big 10 alternate channels. Why dont they use them and air it on there!?

Brent Yarina, BTN.com on 2/23/2013 @ 1:52pm EST Said:

Rick – We only have access to the alternate channels on football Saturdays. Send any questions you may have here: http://btn.com/about/contact-us/

Don Yager on 2/23/2013 @ 2:07pm EST Said:

Brent, if BTN can send a crew to cover the game on BTN2Go, why can’t they cover it on BTN itself?

JC on 2/23/2013 @ 2:42pm EST Said:

this blows, before BTN our local Fox station would pick any Iowa game that was not nationally televised, this was issue in pre-conf. games, at that time we were assured we would be able to see the conf games . BTN , what a dissapointment!!!!!!!

Alex on 2/23/2013 @ 2:56pm EST Said:

the stream is pretty impressive if you ask me, the announcers are no dolph, but im glad to be able to watch the game…thanks btn….GO Hawks

Candy on 2/23/2013 @ 3:00pm EST Said:

If my cable provider (AT&T) has BTN why don’t they also offer BTN2Go? This is ridiculous!

john on 2/23/2013 @ 3:03pm EST Said:

this makes me angry as a hawk fan they should be on tv unstead of girls basketball why do we have a btn network then

Rob on 2/23/2013 @ 4:14pm EST Said:

Would like to take a moment to congratulate the BIG10Network for all the ratings they just missed out on. Airing women’s basketball instead of Husker men’s sports whether it be basketball, wrestling, swimming, croquet, or whatever is a joke. If I miss another husker basketball game or wrestling meet I’m going to go insane. I can somewhat understand this game because it was such short notice, but I’ve missed 2 or 3 husker wrestling duels because either women’s basketball, or the journey was on… Nobody cares about women’s basketball. Stop putting it on tv. I don’t care if you guys are required to air women’s sports. Air replays of them from 2 am to 8 am and play live men’s sports the rest of the day. Please, I beg of you.

John on 2/23/2013 @ 4:37pm EST Said:

How can I watch this on BTN, it says watch it live but that didn’t seem to happen? will we be able to get the replay?