The four mock brackets—entering the week–have Indiana and Michigan as No. 1 seeds. Michigan State is a No. 2 in every bracket but ESPN’s, which has the Spartans as a No. 3.
Wisconsin and Ohio State are consistently a No. 4 or No. 5 seed, but CBSSport’s has the Buckeyes as a No. 6. Minnesota is anywhere from a No. 5-7. Illinois is all over the map as a No. 7 (twice) and No. 10 and No. 11.
Iowa? It is on the bubble—if it’s even there.
Jerry Palm, CBSSports.com: The Big Ten and Big East lead the way with seven bids.
- No. 1 Indiana (East) vs. No. 16 play-in foe
- No. 1 Michigan (Midwest) vs. No. 16 North Carolina Central
- No. 2 Michigan State (South) vs. No. 15 Florida Gulf Coast
- No. 4 Wisconsin (West) vs. No. 13 Bucknell
- No. 5 Minnesota (South) vs. No. 12 play-in foe
- No. 6 Ohio State (West) vs. No. 11 North Carolina
- No. 7 Illinois (East) vs. No. 10 Boise State
Joe Lunardi, ESPN.com: The Big Ten and Big East each have seven teams.
- No. 1 Indiana (Midwest) vs. Bryant/Southern
- No. 1 Michigan (South) vs. UNC-Asheville/Norfolk State
- No. 3 Michigan State (East) vs. No. 14 Harvard
- No. 4 Ohio State (West) vs. No. 13 Akron
- No. 5 Wisconsin (East) vs. No. 12 Indiana State
- No. 6 Minnesota (Midwest) vs. No. 11 North Carolina
- No. 11 Illinois (South) vs. No. 6 Notre Dame
Andy Glockner, SI.com: The Big East has eight bids; the Big Ten has seven.
- No. 1 Indiana (Midwest) vs. No. 16 Northeastern
- No. 1 Michigan (West) vs. No. 16 Niagara
- No. 2 Michigan State (South) vs. No. 15 Long Beach State
- No. 4 Wisconsin (East) vs. No. 13 Valparaiso
- No. 5 Ohio State (South) vs. No. 12 Arizona State/Indiana State
- No. 7 Minnesota (West) vs. No. 10 Saint Louis
- No. 10 Illinois (Midwest) vs. No. 7 Cincinnati
Ryan Fagan, The Sporting News: The Big East and Big Ten each have seven bids.
- No. 1: Indiana; Michigan
- No. 2 Michigan State
- No. 5: Ohio State, Minnesota, Wisconsin
- No. 7 Illinois
|About Tom Dienhart||BTN.com senior writer Tom Dienhart is a veteran sports journalist who covers Big Ten football and men’s basketball for BTN.com and BTN TV. Find him on Twitter and Facebook, read all of his work at btn.com/tomdienhart, and subscribe to his posts via RSS. Also, send questions to his weekly mailbag using the form below and read all of his previous answers in his reader mailbag section.|
And if you want to leave a comment on this post, use the box below. All comments need to be approved by a moderator.