Mock brackets: How does Big Ten stack up?
Here’s a look at the brackets.
|Rankings as of 2/5/2013|
|2||Miami (FL) 18-3||0.6919||2|
|6||New Mexico 19-3||0.6742||5|
|13||Michigan State 18-4||0.6452||13|
|15||Colorado State 18-4||0.6349||15|
|17||Ohio State 17-5||0.6315||19|
|21||North Carolina State 16-6||0.6230||20|
|24||Kansas State 18-4||0.6148||25|
|View Complete Poll|
Joe Lunardi is the lone analyst who has just six Big Ten teams in his bracket, with Illinois being left out. No real surprises here, save for maybe Minnesota as a No. 5. Is that too high?
- No. 1 Indiana (Midwest) vs. No. 16 Bryant/Norfolk State
- No. 1 Michigan (West) vs. No. 16 Florida Gulf Coast
- No. 3 Michigan State (South) vs. No. 14 Stony Brook
- No. 3 Ohio State (East) vs. No. 14 Harvard
- No. 5 Minnesota (East) vs. No. 12 Arizona State/Indiana State
- No. 8 Wisconsin (South) vs. No. 9 Kentucky
Jerry Palm has seven Big Ten teams in his bracket. And no analyst has Illinois higher, as a No. 9 seed. Hmmm. Minnesota at No. 4 is high. Palm has Wisconsin higher than any other analyst at No. 6.
- No. 1 Indiana (West) vs. No. 16 North Carolina Central
- No. 1 Michigan (Midwest) vs. No. 16 Davidson
- No. 3 Michigan state (South) vs. No. 14 Harvard
- No. 4 Ohio State (East) vs. No. 13 Southern Miss
- No. 4 Minnesota (South) vs. No. 13 Louisiana Tech
- No. 6 Wisconsin (West) vs. No. 11 Memphis
- No. 9 Illinois (South) vs. No. 8 Oregon
Andy Glockner also has Illinois in his field, with the Fighting Illini playing in a play-in game for right to be a No. 12 seed. No analyst has Minnesota lower, here a No. 6.
- No. 1 Indiana (West) vs. No. 16 Niagara
- No. 1 Michigan (Midwest) vs. No. 16 Northeastern
- No. 3 Michigan State (East) vs. No. 14 Harvard
- No. 4 Ohio State (South) vs. No. 13 Akron
- No. 6 Minnesota (Midwest) vs. No. 11 Saint Louis
- No. 7 Wisconsin (South) vs. No. 10 Ole Miss
- No. 12 Illinois (Midwest) vs. No. 5 Oregon
Ryan Fagan also has Illinois is his field as a No. 10. No analyst has Minnesota higher than Fagan at No. 4.
- No. 1 Indiana
- No. 1 Michigan
- No. 3 Michigan State
- No. 4 Ohio State
- No. 4 Minnesota
- No. 7 Wisconsin
- No. 10 Illinois
|About Tom Dienhart||BTN.com senior writer Tom Dienhart is a veteran sports journalist who covers Big Ten football and men’s basketball for BTN.com and BTN TV. Find him on Twitter and Facebook, read all of his work at btn.com/tomdienhart, and subscribe to his posts via RSS. Also, send questions to his weekly mailbag using the form below and read all of his previous answers in his reader mailbag section.|
And if you want to leave a comment on this post, use the box below. All comments need to be approved by a moderator.