Video: Bev Plocki talks Michigan gymnastics
Michigan women’s gymnastics is back. After missing last season’s NCAA Championships – this from a program that won 18 of the last 21 Big Ten Championships – Michigan has spent time this season atop the national poll. Currently, the Wolverines are No. 3 and they own the conference’s latest Big Ten Gymnast of the Week, Joanna Sampson. Watch our full interview with Michigan coach Bev Plocki now.
Here’s a look at the Big Ten standings.
And here are the credentials that earned Sampson the latest Big Ten Gymnast of the Week.
Gymnast of the Week
Joanna Sampson, Michigan
Jr. – Willow Grove, Pa. – Upper Moreland
- Recorded first-place finishes in all four of her events en route to the all-around title (39.600) in No. 3 Michigan’s dual meet victory over Iowa
- Won the all-around title and placed first on the vault (9.900), bars (9.900), balance beam (9.875) and floor exercise (9.925)
- Her score in the all-around was a career best
- Collects the second weekly award of her career
- Last Michigan Gymnast of the Week: Joanna Sampson (Jan. 14, 2013)