Chuck Wilson on 11/25/2012 @ 6:15pm EST Said:

Well said Tom. I like your list and trust that Morgan will act quickly in correcting the mistake he made five years ago.

Mike Harter on 11/25/2012 @ 6:37pm EST Said:

Hope is a good man, it just didn’t work. Best of luck coach.

boilerdon59 on 11/25/2012 @ 6:42pm EST Said:

Since Purdue has decided to make a change, I strongly suggest that they go after
the absolute best coach that is attainable! This may mean that Purdue open up the
pocket book but if they want to improve the calibur of coaching, Purdue will have to
spend some serious money. Do think that will happen!!!!

Hawkeyecheesehead on 11/25/2012 @ 7:29pm EST Said:

They do have a big drum. It’s something that Zpurdue can build from.

Lee on 11/25/2012 @ 7:34pm EST Said:

Why not add Bo Pelini to the list of potential coaches? Everyone always thinks he’s leaving Lincoln. Lol

Jonathan on 11/25/2012 @ 7:56pm EST Said:

Well, it looks like Purdue has…. no Hope.

Jahyouth22 on 11/25/2012 @ 8:29pm EST Said:

I think that Morgan and Purdue Nation is comfortable with average

phace_off06 on 11/25/2012 @ 8:44pm EST Said:

Yep and also Purdue doesn’t want to pay for a big name coach….I think Jim Tressel would be nice

Colton on 11/25/2012 @ 9:09pm EST Said:

Purdue Nation is not going to settle for average ticket sails and the overwhelming out loud suggestion to Fire Hope shows that. He is a nice guy but that doesn’t win football games. There is no reason we don’t spend the money to bring in a coach that can win. We could be and should be a BCS bowl game type of team

Mike on 11/26/2012 @ 10:33am EST Said:

Burke missed the boat on Sumlin last year and stuck with a lackluster/cheap coach. Seems Purdue Nation knew better than Burke on that call. I highly doubt that they will open the coffers, that’s not “their way”. So expect more mediocre performance from the program in the future. *sigh*

Mike on 11/26/2012 @ 10:36am EST Said:

I do love the comment “I don’t know what we would have done differently”! Seriously?? How about playing your offense at the end of the game at OSU instead of 3 consecutive drives of 3 rushes and punt?? How about not staying with your ineffective QB at ND and the 5 games that were tanked in the Big 10 season? His total lack of recognition on what needed to be done, and the cause of problems is the reason I never believed in him.

haroldthomas on 11/26/2012 @ 9:31pm EST Said:

Is Jim Tressel really a legitimate candidate? Isn’t he serving some kind of suspension meted out by the NCAA?

Alec on 11/27/2012 @ 11:13am EST Said:

Bobby Petrino anyone? Dykes, Helfrich, Jones, or Tressel are my top choices but don’t rule out the possibility of Petrino being interviewed because he is a big time coach that is available even though no one can trust him..