1st Quarter Recap: N. Iowa 10, Iowa 7

In the first quarter, Northern Iowa’s David Johnson stood out. He ran for 27 yards and one touchdown and caught one pass for 30 yards, and the Panthers lead 10-7 at the end of the first quarter. Northern Iowa struck first when Johnson pounded in a one-yard touchdown run, the final play of an eight-play, 83-yard drive. Sawyer Kollmorgen’s 30-yard pass to Johnson from the 24-yard line pushed the Panthers into enemy territory.

Iowa tied the game at seven after Mark Weisman ran one yard to paydirt to end a 10-play, 75-yard drive. The Hawkeyes threw just one time during that march downfield. A seven-play, 43-yard scoring drive by Northern Iowa snapped the 7-7 deadlock, as Tyler Sievertsen made a 49-yard field goal.

Iowa will start the second quarter with possession at the Panthers’ 42-yard line.

[ ALL PREVIEWS | RECAP | BY QUARTER | BOX | PBP | CONNECTWEATHER | WATCH ON BTN2GO ]

EDITOR’S NOTE In partnership with Narrative Science, BTN.com posts recaps after every quarter of every Big Ten football game. Use the links above for more info on this specific game, including full Big Ten campus weather reports. And enter your zip code below to find the TV channel airing BTN football games on your TV provider. If your game isn’t listed, it’s on another TV network. Learn more about our TV GameFinder.

Find out more about: ,

Bernie Bruhn on 9/15/2012 @ 3:56pm EDT Said:

What Comcast channel is Iowa/Northern Iowa on?

BTN.com staff on 9/15/2012 @ 4:03pm EDT Said:

Go to btn.com./gamefinder. Need to input your zip code. Thanks.

Melissa Shearer on 9/15/2012 @ 4:11pm EDT Said:

Comcast doesn’t appear to be showing the Iowa/Northern Iowa game – my husband is irate at the moment. Our local listing says the game should be on 693 on the gamefinder but that is an infomercial. The guide says 692 but that is Northwestern.

BTN.com staff on 9/15/2012 @ 4:25pm EDT Said:

Melissa, we’re sorry. Can you direct our request to Customer Service? I don’t want to ignore it but I can’t help from here and they’re handling all he mail today. Go here: http://btn.com/about/contact-us/

chris kemp on 9/15/2012 @ 4:24pm EDT Said:

WTF!!! both BTFB1 and 2 are showing northwestern. Charter says its a BTN problem

BTN.com staff on 9/15/2012 @ 4:25pm EDT Said:

Chris, we’re sorry. We’re just editing BTN.com today. Can you direct our request to Customer Service? I don’t want to ignore it but I can’t help from here and they’re handling all he mail today. Go here: http://btn.com/about/contact-us/

todd on 9/15/2012 @ 4:32pm EDT Said:

So if you pull the plug on Dish, why wouldn’t you offer this game on-line?

BTN.com staff on 9/15/2012 @ 4:39pm EDT Said:

Todd, it is online at BTN2Go but you need to be a BTN subscriber for that. Can you direct any future request to Customer Service. I don’t want to ignore it but I can’t help from here and they’re handling all the mail today. Go here: http://btn.com/about/contact-us/

DR on 9/15/2012 @ 4:52pm EDT Said:

Where is the Iowa game? It is listed on 743 (Comcast Florida) but that has the NW -BC game. Gamefinder does not list it but says, therefore, ‘it is on another regular channel’. I scrolled through nearly 1000 channels to no avail. I called Comcast and the tech searched for quite long time before saying it was a BTN issue.

Please advise how I am to get this lack of service refunded as well as what has happened. Thank you.

BTN.com staff on 9/15/2012 @ 4:55pm EDT Said:

DR: Can you direct any future request to Customer Service. I don’t want to ignore it but I can’t help from here and they’re handling all the mail today. Go here: http://btn.com/about/contact-us/

Brad on 9/15/2012 @ 4:53pm EDT Said:

I have the BTN package and can’t pick it up on btn.com is that different or do I have to subscribe over the internet

BTN.com staff on 9/15/2012 @ 4:54pm EDT Said:

Brad, BTN2Go is a live 24/7 multi-platform extension of BTN that gives fans the ability to watch the network live wherever they are via the internet, mobile phone or tablet. This includes 40+ football games and 100+ basketball games. Cable and satellite companies who have agreed to carry BTN2Go will offer it, but you must have BTN as part of your cable or satellite subscription to get it.

Brad on 9/15/2012 @ 5:38pm EDT Said:

I have the BTN package with my cable provider but can’t seem to get it on the BTN2Go ???

Daniel J. Roffman on 9/15/2012 @ 5:46pm EDT Said:

I can’t believe BTN and Dish can’t get this settled!! I pay $100 for Dish per month so cost cannot be the overriding factor. Looks to me like I am being forced to call Direct TV and switch because of this!
Dan

rcolving on 9/16/2012 @ 2:24pm EDT Said:

I called direct and they’re installing Oct 1st.