B1G logos added at Ohio Stadium

Ohio Stadium

@AdamWidman

Whether you like it or not, get used to the Big Ten’s “B1G” logo. This fall, every football team will wear the logo on its jerseys (here’s a look at Illinois’ patch) and it also will appear on the teams’ fields. @AdamWidman, assistant director of athletics communications at Ohio State, tweeted a picture of the freshly added logos at Ohio Stadium. They sit at the 25-yard line on each side of the field.

[ESPN.com: Ohio Stadium ranked No. 1 in Big Ten]

I may be in the minority, but I’ve become a fan of this logo. I wasn’t crazy about it when it was first released, along with the Big Ten’s other new logos, however it’s grown on me. As a result, I have no problem with this movement. How about you, Big Ten fans?

BTN.com web editor Brent Yarina writes the Clothes Call features. Send him your Big Ten fashion tips here, find all of his work here and follow him on Twitter at @BTNBrentYarina.

Find out more about: ,

J.C. on 7/23/2012 @ 5:18pm EST Said:

Big Ten logos have never been on the Ohio Stadium field, therefore I hate them.

I hate them even more because the logo on the East side of the field is facing the press box, obviously for TV.

And hate them even more because the logos aren’t even school colors. But history means nothing to the Big Ten’s corporate image (in the midst of scandals).

C.b. on 7/23/2012 @ 10:10pm EST Said:

Osu used to have big 10 spelled out on the 50 yard line.

Jonathan on 7/24/2012 @ 1:45pm EST Said:

Now I know what conference Ohio State plays in.

Prior to putting B1G logos on the field, I know many people had no clue.

William on 7/24/2012 @ 5:42pm EST Said:

Not a fan at all. Terrible!

Chris on 7/24/2012 @ 10:19pm EST Said:

I’m used to the logo and don’t mind it being on the field…Just wish they made it Scarlet and Gray. Go Bucks!

Alex on 8/7/2012 @ 2:24pm EST Said:

it has definitely grown on me as well, but I do wish they were school colors for each field like in the SEC

Brent Yarina, BTN.com on 8/7/2012 @ 2:27pm EST Said:

Agree. At least that’s the case on the jerseys.

Jeff on 8/9/2012 @ 11:13am EST Said:

OSU student here – While the picture makes it look like the B is black, it is actually green. Since they put down new turf for the logos (they didn’t just paint it), it hasn’t had time to get some sun like the rest of the turf.