On Thursday, Wisconsin sent an email addressing the transfer and appeal process as it pertains to redshirt freshman Jarrod Uthoff. Of most importance, the school announced it has lifted “permission to contact” restrictions on any school outside the Big Ten. See all the information in this post.
Here is a brief synopsis of the transfer and appeal process as it pertains to Uthoff:
- It is incorrect that Uthoff requested “permission to contact” 25 schools. He has requested “permission to contact” 16 schools, 4 of which were denied.
- Uthoff appealed 3 of the 4 schools that were denied.
- Uthoff visited with both Associate Athletic Director Justin Doherty and Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez Thursday morning as part of the appeal process.
- Doherty, Alvarez and head coach Bo Ryan then met and collectively came to a decision that the University of Wisconsin Athletic Department has lifted “permission to contact” restrictions on ANY school outside of the Big Ten Conference.
- Ryan is supportive of denials of Big Ten institutions only and has wanted the appeals process to serve as a means for dialogue to occur between Uthoff and UW Athletics administration.
- Uthoff has been notified of these decisions.
- If Uthoff wishes to further appeal the “permission to contact” denial to any Big Ten university, he may request a hearing to the Chair of the Athletic Board within 8 business days.