Fresh off claiming a share of the Big Ten regular season title, along with Michigan State and Ohio State, Michigan earned the No. 4 seed in the Midwest Region. The Wolverines face No. 13 Ohio at 7:20 p.m. ET Friday night. Before the game tips off in Nashville, Ten., BTN.com web editor Brent Yarina introduces you to the Bobcats. A little sampling: Did you know a former Ohio State assistant is the head guy at Ohio? Meet the Bobcats in this post.
Best win: vs. Akron, 85-61 (box)
Coach: John Groce
Best player: D.J. Cooper, Jr., G – 14.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 5.7 apg, 2.4 spg
Last NCAA tourney: 2010
Deepest tourney run: Round of 32 – 2010
Track the tourney: NCAA Bracket
5 THINGS ABOUT OHIO
- Head coach John Groce was an Ohio State assistant, from 2004-2008, and coached NBA draft picks Greg Oden, Mike Conley, Daequan Cook, Evan Turner and Kosta Koufos.
- In its only game of the season against a ranked foe, Ohio lost Nov. 25 at then-No. 7 Louisville, 59-54 (box).
- Sophomore Nick Kellogg is the son of former Ohio State star and CBS color analyst Clark Kellogg.
- D.J. Cooper boasts four double-digit assist games, going for an aggregate 41 assists to just 11 turnovers (3.7 assist-to-turnover ratio) is said games.
- Opponents struggle from the 3-point line against Ohio, making only 29.6 percent from downtown — good enough for the 13th lowest percentage in the nation.