The Big Ten Conference released its weekly Wrestler of the Week honor Tuesday. The latest award of the season went to Iowa’s Matt McDonough. See what he did to earn the honor in this post.
Wrestler of the Week: Matt McDonough, Iowa, 125 – Jr. – Marion, Iowa – Linn-Mar
- Defeated Minnesota’s top-ranked 125-pounder Zach Sanders in a 7-1 decision
- Gave up just one escape point while accumulating 2:56 of riding time en route to his 14th consecutive win
- Handed Sanders his first loss of the season, helping No. 6 Iowa defeat No. 3 Minnesota, 19-17, in the Gophers’ first conference loss of the year
- Claimed the No. 1 spot nationally at 125 following the win
- Collects his second career Wrestler of the Week award and first this season
- Last Iowa Wrestler of the Week: Tony Ramos (Jan. 10, 2012)