Week 12 Big Ten NFL Stats
Co-Offense: Drew Brees, New Orleans – The former Boiler QB had a night to remember in the spotlight of Monday Night Football, throwing for 363 yards and four touchdowns, plus running for an eight-yard score (watch all his highlights!) in New Orleans’ 49-24 victory over the New York Giants. Brees completed 24 of 38 passes and finished with a 129.6 QB Rating.
Beanie Wells, Arizona – Wells ran for a franchise-record 228 yards in Arizona’s 23-20 win at St. Louis. The Buckeye product scored one touchdown, a 71-yarder (watch the TD!), and averaged a ridiculous 8.4 yards per carry. The 228 yards were more than he had in the previous four games combined. Not to be ignored, ex-Nebraska running back Roy Helu totaled 162 yards, scored a touchdown and provided one of the week’s best highlights (watch the play!).
Defense: J.J. Watt, Houston – The rookie out of Wisconsin compiled a career day, posting career highs in tackles (7) and sacks (2) and coming up with his first pass defended in Houston’s 20-13 triumph at Jacksonville (watch the first sack!) (and the second!). On the season, Watt has 4.5 sacks for the first-place Texans, the league’s top-ranked defense.
Special Teams: Robbie Gould – The Penn State product was perfect again Sunday, booting a 50- and 53-yard field goal (watch the 53-yarder!), to go along with a pair of successful extra points, in Chicago’s 25-20 defeat at Oakland. Gould is 23 of 25 on field goals this season, good enough for 92 percent, and has hit all 31 extra points.
Have a nominee for Brent’s weekly Big Ten NFL recap? Tweet it to @BTNBrentYarina.
Want more coverage of Big Ten products in the NFL? Check out “The Next Level” at 7 p.m. Tuesday to hear Rick Pizzo, Russ Lande, Brandon Williams and Jon Jansen talk about Big Ten players on the NFL radar. On tonight’s show:
- We discuss Wisconsin WR Nick Toon’s NFL prospects
- Ndamukong Suh suspended 2 games w/o pay – is he out of control? One of his former Nebraska teammates thinks so. Our guys give their opinion.
- Curtis Painter – demoted to 3rd string today by the Colts – what have we learned about Painter in his 8 starts this season…what is his future in the NFL?
- Plus, our guys discuss the toll the NFL takes on your body
- We bring you the story of Andy Sechler, a member of the 1997 Michigan national championship team, who is now a in the final months of his residency at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York and part of the hospital’s Global Health program in Liberia.