The Big Ten Conference released its weekly Wrestler of the Week honor Tuesday. The second award of the season went to Illinois wrestler B.J. Futrell. See what he did to earn the award in this post.
Wrestler of the Week: B.J. Futrell, Illinois, 133 – Jr. – Park Forest, Ill. – Mount Carmel
- Posted three pins and a technical fall to lead No. 8 Illinois to dual wins over North Carolina (32-9), No. 24 Kent State (24-18), The Citadel (48-3) and Utah Valley (41-3) at the Wrestle for a Cure Duals
- Pinned North Carolina’s Brock Livorio, Kent State’s Steve Mitcheff and The Citadel’s Kyle Casaletto before recording a 25-9 technical fall win over Utah Valley’s Derek Malan
- Currently ranked third in the country at 133 pounds
- Earns the first weekly award of his career
- Last Illinois Wrestler of the Week: Tony Dallago (Dec. 21, 2010)