The Big Ten wrestling season started this past week, and that means it’s time for the Big Ten Conference to send out its weekly wrestling honor. The season’s first Wrestler of the Week went to Ohio State freshman Logan Steiber. See his accomplishments in this post.
Wrestler of the Week: Logan Stieber, Ohio State, 133 – Fr. – Monroeville, Ohio – Monroeville
- Recorded two pins, a technical fall and a major decision en route to the 133-pound title at the Eastern Michigan Open
- Pinned Arizona State’s Shane McGough in 1:16 in the first round, following with a 17-2 technical fall against Central Michigan’s Tyler Kesselring in Round 2, a pin against Purdue’s Matt Fields in 1:27 in the semifinals and a 15-2 major decision over eighth-ranked Cashe Quiroga of Purdue in the finals
- Currently ranked fourth in the country at 133 pounds
- Earns the first weekly award of his career
- Last Ohio State Wrestler of the Week: Ian Paddock (Nov. 9, 2010)